Thursday, February 28, 2013

What to do with Fruit?

Let me give you a little insight into my thought process today on the way back from doing laundry.
I was thinking about eating, which I do a lot of despite not being a stereotypical fat American.  I remembered that I have one remaining peach on my table, just hanging out, the others long eaten.  I could just eat it outright, but it's been there awhile, not rotting, but it has been ripe and ready to eat for a few days easy.  I could chop it up and make smoothies... or I could buy some ice cream and turn it into awesome.

I went to the store to buy ice cream, and possibly some soda or juice or whatever, to mix in with my fruit.  Deciding to go with a flavor theme, and not knowing what else tastes good with peaches (pretty sure root beer would be bad news) I searched for peach related items.

Ben and Jerry's makes a Peach Cobbler for Willy Nelson.  This was the fantastic realization of the day.
Also, I was lucky enough to find peach/mango/pineapple nonsense made by Ocean Spray.  To recap, my ingredients upon arriving home and pulling out my blender and everything I needed were as follows:

  • 1 ripe peach
  • 1 pint Ben and Jerry's Peach Cobbler
  • 1 small bottle Ocean Spray pineapple/peach/mango juice
  • milk
Making only enough for myself (liter clay mug), I used the top 1/4 of the pint of ice cream, 1/3 of the juice, about a cup of milk, and of course, all of the peach, sans pit.  Anyone wanting to make this themselves, probably would want to use a blender that doesn't leak or smell a bit like garlic.  I wasn't so lucky.



By the way... it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment