I don't work at those places anymore, and as a result, I almost never get sick anymore either. So... either I was right, and my immune system is a wrecking ball, or just not being around children all the time means I don't catch anything.
|nice catch. but still, don't touch me|
Today, I had the feeling. Too many trips to get a tissue, my nose is running. So... I decided maybe I can head this thing off at the pass, maybe there is something I can eat, or drink to make this go away before it becomes super annoying for a few days.
I looked up a few "cold rememdy" smoothy recipes, because if you're going to concoct something weird in your kitchen, a smoothie is probably the best way to go. I altered the one I found to be most appealing, because who the hell buys echinacea? It sounds like an STD.
- one 11.5 oz bottle of Simply Orange orange juice
- one lime (quartered, pulped, tossed in some of the peel too, my grandmother always ate them, said it was super healthy)
- five or six slices of crystalized ginger
- 1/3 of a pint of coconut milk ice cream, vanilla flavored
- one big tablespoon of Dawes Hill wildflower honey
This picture was actually taken after I drank half of it. So... the portions are a little deceiving.