Thursday, June 19, 2014

So Much Better When You're Naked

Ida Maria
Fortress Round my Heart
2008, Nesna Records

Ida Maria Borli Sivertsen - vocals, rhythm guitar
Stefan Tornby - lead guitar
Johannes Lindberg - bass
Olle Lundin - drums

singles- 
  • I Like you so Much Better when You're Naked/ Leave me, Let me Go
  • I like you so Much Better when You're Naked/ Lightning
  • Oh My God/ We're all Going to Hell
  • Oh My God/ Keep me Warm
  • Oh My God/ Drive Away my Heart
  • Drive Away My Heart/ Leave Me, Let Me Go
  • Stella/ In the End/ Small People's Smiles
  • Queen of the World/ Everybody's Always Alone/ Stella
Sooo many singles!! This album is so cool!  I'm a sucker for a strong female lead, and Ida Maria is one of my favorites. She's like the rock chick from high school who would probably kick your ass. She is from Norway, and proves that not all Scandinavian musicians are weirdos like Bjork, or Gorgoroth. The sound is very much like the garage rock of the late '90s. The whole album is good, another example of the perfect album.

No comments:

Post a Comment