Saturday, June 29, 2013

What a Jive Turkey

Another post to file in cool things seen while working category... the other day I watched as this giant bird landed on the top of this woman's house.  I wasn't able to get the best pictures possible, as anyone with a keen eye for photography can tell... nature doesn't always cooperate.


I'm not sure if turkey vultures are bad omens or not.  I enjoyed watching it settle on the roof and chill out for a bit before taking off.  Apparently, turkey vultures are one of 7 species in the family Cathartidai, which includes the King Vulture of Brazil, and the Californian Condor.  

Up close, it looks like this: 


This is certainly the coolest thing I've seen at work yet.  Nature is pretty awesome.  I need a better camera.  


No comments:

Post a Comment