Thursday, April 28, 2011

Well... they can't all be Homeruns



Them Crooked Vultures
Them Crooked Vultures
2009, DGC
Produced by Them Crooked Vultures

Singles-
  • New Fang
  • Mind Eraser, No Chaser

Let me start by saying I was very excited for this album.  I love Dave Grohl, it seems everything he touches turns to gold.  Josh Homme from Mark Lanegan Band, Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age has shown he is pretty awesome in his own right, and of course, John Paul Jones is the badass bass player from Led Zeppelin.  On the surface, this appeared to be a musical orgasm just waiting to happen.  In reality, this combo proved to be a let down.

Although the album does rock out unabashed, nothing truly jumped out and grabbed me the way songs from the Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, or Led Zeppelin do.  Basically the sum doesn't match up to the greatness of the parts.  Which is too bad, because I really do want to see John Paul Jones succeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment